Botox, or botulinum toxin, is a medication that is very commonly used by men and women to diminish the appearance of facial wrinkles. It is often administered between the eyebrows to relax the 11’s, smooth the forehead, lift the eyebrows and reduce the appearance of crow’s feet. Overall, you’ll enjoy a smoother, more youthful look after receiving a Botox treatment.
It’s a relatively simple and safe procedure that must be performed by an experienced health care professional in order to get the best results. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should Botox it:
1. Botox is Safe & Health Canada-Approved. Botox is Health Canada-approved to treat lines and wrinkles, and it is also approved to treat excessive sweating. As long as you are working with an experienced medical professional trained to do cosmetics injections, it should be completely safe.
2. Botox Can Help You Younger for Longer. One study with identical twins found that the twin who received Botox injections consistently for 13 years showed fewer signs of aging compared to the twin who did not. That’s right, Botox isn’t just a corrective procedure, it can help prevent wrinkles and prolong a youthful appearance.
3. Botox Gives You Natural & Subtle Results. When Botox is administered by an experienced health care professional, results should be very natural and subtle. If you don’t tell others, they wouldn’t even know.
4. Botox is Virtually Painless. Whenever we use needles on the skin there is always risk for pain, but the majority of patients at GMA Clinic report no pain with their Botox injections. As a matter of fact, they always say our injectors have very gentle hands!
5. Botox Takes As Little As 10 minutes. Depending on how many injection sites you require, Botox can take anywhere from a few minutes to 20 minutes, making it a quick and easy lunch time procedure.
6. Botox Requires No Downtime. There isn’t any need to take time off work or reschedule your normal activities after your Botox injections.
7. Botox Results are Semi-Permanent. Botox results are semi permanent; the anti-wrinkle benefits of Botox last about 3 to 4 months and with consistent treatments, it can make us look younger over time.
8. Botox is Non-Invasive. There’s no need for surgery with Botox treatment; instead you get wonderful anti-wrinkle results with just a few injections.
9. Botox Treats Overactive Sweating. Botox is commonly used to treat hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating on the body.
10. Botox can Help Create a V-shape Face. In addition to diminishing wrinkles, when Botox is injected in the jaw muscles known as masseters, it helps to create a slimmer jawline for a more V-shape face.