Your cart is currently empty!
what is rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin condition characterized by persistent redness and flushing of the skin. The most commonly affected areas are the mid face and cheeks, nose, chin and forehead.
Rosacea affects over three million Canadians and usually develops in adults between the ages of 30 to 50. While rosacea can affect anyone, it is more common in women and patients with fair skin.
Common Signs and Symptoms:
- Persistent flushing and blushing of cheeks, forehead, nose and chin
- Dilated blood vessels, especially on the cheeks.
- Skin sensitivity
- Burning, stinging or itching sensations
- Developing pimple-like bumps
types of rosacea
Form 1: Erythemato-telangiectatic — Main symptoms include occasional facial flushing and redness. Visible red blood vessels (telangiectasias) may appear on the face. Some rosacea sufferers may also experience swollen, rough skin and a burning sensation.
common rosacea triggers
While the exact cause of rosacea is unknown, it is believed to be associated with both environmental factors and genetic makeup.
- Unprotected sun exposure
- Exposure to extreme weather/temperature (hot/cold)
- Chronic stress
- Excessive/intensive exercise
- Spicy foods, hot drinks and foods
- Alcohol intake
- Specific medications such as prescribed cortisone creams
- Specific cosmetic products containing parabens and fragrances and other ingredients that may irritate the skin and worsen rosacea symptoms
treating rosacea with yellowbeam laser treatment
While Rosacea is not curable, the symptoms are controllable. In addition to offering medical-grade skincare with active ingredients that will help reduce inflammation and improve the overall health of the skin, we use the Yellowbeam to treat and control Rosacea.
Looking for rosacea treatment?
Book a free consultation so that one of our skin experts can assess your face and explain the treatment to you one-on-one.